This weekend, I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mommy of 2!! I am so blessed!
It really was a wonderful day. I am so thankful to have 2 handsome, healthy, active little boys who call me Mommy. There really are no words to describe what it means to be a mom.
It really was a wonderful day. I am so thankful to have 2 handsome, healthy, active little boys who call me Mommy. There really are no words to describe what it means to be a mom.
I spent alot of time this Mothers Day thinking. Thinking about the day that Brody was born...when I first became a mom. Thinking about when Beckett was so sick in the hospital when he was 2 weeks old, and when he was having CAT scans done of his little head and eyes. Thinking about how scared I was at the possibility of losing one of my children. That was fear like I have never known before...fear that grips you like a vice and refuses to let up. Thinking about the baby that we lost 2 years ago...who that little person would be today. Crazy that is has been 2 years. Thinking about all of the wonderful memories that I have with my boys already, and dreaming about all of the wonderful memories that are still yet to be made!!
I guess I just spent alot of time thinking about how motherhood just changes you - whether you mean for it to or not. You don't think and worry about the same things anymore. I am no longer concerned with things that I used to be...now my whole world revolves around these two little boys. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
Now on to our day...
Our little Beckett is an early riser...like he rarely sleeps past 6:30. So, when we heard him cooing and jabbering on the monitor at 6:15 that morning, Brent got up with him so that I could sleep a little longer. That was nice. I don't think I got out of bed until close to 8:00 - I don't know the last time I slept that late. When I did get up, Brody was still asleep, and this is what I found on the couch
So, we all got ready and headed to church.
Me and my little guys:
After church we had our moms over for lunch. Brent cooked for us - chicken and steak fajitas, spanish rice, beans, and chips with cheese dip. It was delicious!
Then Brody helped them open their gifts from us. We gave my mom a new pair of sunglasses and a cute little beach tote. And we gave my MIL new wind chimes.
I am also very blessed to have a wonderful Mother-in-law. Believe me, I don't take for granted the fact I have a mother-in-law who loves me and my boys so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment