Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Spring in January

Have you ever had one of those moments where you are just going along in life, doing your day to day, and suddenly it hits you...Wow, I'm all grown up. I am doing those things that my mom did with me as a child. I am a mom, and these little boys count on me for everything.


I had one of those moments yesterday. Don't worry, this wasn't the first time that I realized that I am an adult. There are just some days where it hits me that Whoah. Here I am. In that place in life that I dreamed about all those years ago. Is it exactly how I'd pictured it? Not really. Did I think I would still be living in south Arkansas? Probably not. Did I picture myself with three little boys 4 and under? No way. Am I ever so thankful that God's plan for my life is so much better than my own? Absolutely.
It has been so warm this Winter. We have had a few cool days, but for the most part it's been very mild. It has been especially warm this week, in the the 70's, so yesterday we left our jackets and hats at home and drove to Moro Bay to let the boys explore! I can remember coming here as a little girl...playing at the park, unloading my daddy's boat and riding up and down the river, riding the ferry...
Brent was at work, but Ryan and Tara were off, so they joined us for the day. We even checked Brooke out of school a little early, so she could come play, too! My little Levi has been a bit fussy lately. I'm not sure if he is teething, or if his ears are bothering him, but something is up. He just hasn't been his usual content happy self. But being at the park was obviously just what he needed! He loved being outside to look around. He sat in this stroller and played and munched on puffs the whole time!
Beckett is getting more and more brave every time we go to a park. It's so fun to watch him climb up those steps, nervous yet determined. His mouth set firm as he convinces himself that he can do it. And then watch him break out into a huge smile as he reaches the top, slides down, and lets everyone know that HE DID IT!! Brody loved having Uncle Ryan there to play with him. They raced this little blue car up and down the slide.
And Miss Eden tried her hardest to keep up with the big kids!







It started sprinkling on us while we were at the park, so as we were making our way to a little pavillion, we passed the ferry that my parents used to take us to ride on when I was little. It doesn't run anymore, but they have it set up there beside the river for everyone to walk around and look at.
It seems funny to me when I tell my children stories from "back when I was a kid." Because it seems like it was just a few years ago.



After the kids played captain of the ferry for a while, we walked on down to the park store.


We refueled with snacks and drinks and a quick visit with the turtles and alligator...
....then made our way to the turtle pond!

The have little paddle boats that they let you take out on the river, and we really wanted to go for a ride, but it was just too drizzly outside. I took that as a good excuse to just have to come back one day soon!!

So, we packed up and headed home before the storms moved in. But we can't wait to go back!

No comments: