Sunday, August 25, 2013

Touring Seoul {Incheon International Airport}

Here is the first post in our Touring Seoul series! I'm doing this mainly to help myself learn a little more about Lennox's birth country, but also to share his wonderful homeland with all of you. 

The first place we are going to "visit" is Incheon International Airport. 
http://www.exploringkorea.com/travelling/arriving/

This is the main airport serving the Seoul area, and exactly where we will be flying into when we travel! It's actually located on Yeongjong Island, right outside of Incheon (which is Lennox's birth city), which is about an hour drive from Seoul. We will either take a taxi or airport bus to our hotel in Seoul when we arrive.  

From what I hear it's a really great airport. It was ranked #1 worldwide airport 7 years in a row by Airports Council Intrnational and has tons of super cool amenities. It has a spa, sleeping lounges, an ice skating rink, golf course, indoor gardens, and a museum! I have a feeling I won't be wanting to spend a whole lot of time at the airport when we finally get to Seoul, but it does seem like an excellent place to be if you were stuck there for a while. 
http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/1243881

This is the beautiful Incheon Bridge, which
connects Yeongjong Island to the mainland of
Incheon. I think it is so pretty!

http://www.vistanature.com/incheon-bridgesouth-korea/

No comments: