Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weekend in Natchez!

We arrived in Natchez later than I had hoped on Friday night so we checked in and then went for a late night DQ run! 
We stayed at this neat little cabin-style room on Lake St John. It was such a neat atmosphere! 
Up and ready to go spend the day in Natchez on Saturday!
Our first stop was Rosalie Plantation - Brooke's favorite :) Brent and I joined her and her friend, Kinsley, on a tour of the plantation. It was so interesting to hear all of those interesting stories about the house. It was originally built by a Mr. Little - distant relative, maybe?! :)

Later, we headed to Fat Mama's Tamales - my fave :) 
Once we were full of tamales and Natchez nachos, we headed over to where some vendors were set up to get the kids faces painted! 



Then it was time for a guided carriage tour! 



Patrick Swayze filmed the movie North and South here :)

I'm always in awe of the Great Mississippi River when I stand up here and look down on it. So beautiful!!
After letting the kids play down by the river for a bit, we headed to Dunleith Plantation - my very favorite place in Natchez. I could seriously spend days at this place. 











We ended the day at the Pig Out Inn - eating the most delicious BBQ sandwiches I've had in a long time. :)


It was too windy on Saturday for the hot air balloons, but they did fly on Sunday!


We let the kids play around the lake where we were staying on Sunday morning before heading home...it was sooo cold! 


No comments: