Mom, Brooke, Brody, and I went over yesterday afternoon bearing cake and gifts. Brooke helped Mom light the candles on the cake, and then her and Brody both helped her blow them out. Well, I guess I should say that Brody watched them blow them out. He is very good at blowing (he always blows his food whether it is hot or not), so we thought he might give it a whirl, but he would say, "No, Hot."

Here is Mamaw showing off a couple of her presents.
Cute purse, huh?!
Recently, Brody has become facinated with the child locks on the kitchen cabinets. He knows that mommy and daddy can do something to make them open, so he will sit for a long time trying to figure it out.
Amie (Mamie, as Brody calls her) and Eli came over Friday night to eat. Brody was looking through this magazine of Halloween costumes with her. It's never too early to start looking is it?
Brody and his Mamie
Just a pic of me and Brody. These are few and far between because I am always the one with the camera. He had just gotten his jammies on and was getting ready for bed. I love this time with him. We have really gotten into a good bedtime routine with him, and when we get his jammies on and go pick out a book, he knows it is time to go night-night. We go to his room, read the book in the rocking chair, turn the lights out, and after about 5 minutes of rocking he is OUT.
He doesn't throw these fits much anymore, but I finally had my camera in hand when he decided to try one, so I had to snap a picture. That was probably totally sending him the wrong message about it, but I couldnt resist. This one didn't last too long if I remember correctly. Usually I just ignore him, and after about 25 seconds, he gets up and goes on about his business.

No comments:
Post a Comment