So, on to this week. We have followed the same routine. Bath, book, lights out, rock, rock, rock......when suddenly Brody sits up in my lap, points to his crib, and says "Bed". Now, he has pulled this before, resulting in me following his commands and placing him in his crib awake at which point he falls to peices and screams until I get him out. So, at first I just kept rocking him thinking that he would go on to sleep. Well, he kept pointing and saying "bed". So, I got up and laid him in his crib, gave him his cup (bad habit, I know), kissed him goodnight, and left the room. HE NEVER MADE A PEEP. Just rolled over, drank a little milk and passed out. This was Sunday night - he slept until I woke him up at 7:00 to get him ready for daycare. Then again tonight - I, of course, just thought it was a fluke, and after getting him ready for bed tonight, we sat in the rocker, and he immediately pointed at his crib and said "bed, bed". So, I just laid (is "laid" the correct tense?) him down again, kissed him goodnight and walked out. I heard him fuss for maybe 30-45 seconds, then he was quiet and went right on to sleep. Could it be that he is really wanting to just go to sleep on his own?? I mean, I hope so, b/c I figured the transition would be MUCH more difficult. I know that one day if and when Brody has a little brother or sister, it will be nice to not have to spend up to 30 minutes (some nights he likes the rocking part more than the actual falling asleep part) getting him to sleep at night. So, maybe this is the beginning of the end of me rocking him to sleep. Is it crazy that I am a little sad???
I just thought he looked too cute Sunday morning all ready for church. He wasn't really in the picture taking mood, but I managed to snap one anyway. Doesn't he look like a big boy?



No comments:
Post a Comment