Thursday, September 18, 2008

A day at the park and the Union County Fair

Brody and I picked Brooke up early from school last Friday, and we stopped at the little park there in Strong to let them play. They had so much fun! And Brody is getting so much easier to take places like that. He can actually play on most everything, and he LOVES that he can do some of things that Brooke can do - like ride on these little bouncy things:


One thing that did make it a little difficult was that he wants to climb on everything. And he can be four or five rungs up in about 5 seconds. I guess I should just let him try it, but being the worrier that I am, I just imagine him placing a foot wrong and plummeting to the earth below, hitting every metal bar on the way down. I get these horrible thoughts in my head, and I just can't let them go. So....needless to say, this is about as high as I would let him go.
His favorite was, of course, the swings! And I have to admit, they are mommy's favorite too. I know that he is safe and secure, and he can't fall off or run off or anything else.

Now Brooke is quite the little monkey. She was up to the top of this thing in about 7 seconds flat. I expected her to take off swinging from the trees any second. Brody tried his hardest to join her up there - thank goodness the rungs were spaced so far apart. Again, this is as far as he got.
Silly boy.


Brooke going about 100 mph around this little bicycle pedal thing. I tried to put Brody on one and hold on to him while she pedaled them around....and I could hardly keep up.
Weeeeeee!!!!! (We made Brooke photographer for a few minutes)
On to the fair, which was last night. It was Brooke's 5th birthday, so we celebrated by taking her and Caleb (and Brody, of course) to ride rides and check out all the animals! (Her real party will be Saturday.) I didn't know if Brody would be able to ride anything or not, being that he is somewhat of short stature, and he did miss the height minimum by an inch and a half, but we were able to sneak him on a few rides.


Watching the little girls show their lambs in the livestock barn.


Riding the carousel! And Brody LOVED it this time! Even with me just standing beside him rather than on the animal with him.

Happy Birthday Brooke!
Playing with Brooke's little plastic sword that she won playing "Pick Up Ducks".




No comments: