Sunday, September 4, 2011

Important

Sometimes, with the hustle and bustle of having three kids, I worry that my sweet Beckett gets a little left out. Brody is so busy and active and energetic, he seems to require a lot of attention recently. Just answering his bazillion questions and keeping him busy. . . he seems to get bored easily if you don't. And Levi is still so tiny, nursing every three hours, and although he is a really easy baby, he requires all the normal newborn care. And Beckett. He is just so good and easy going and quiet and laid back. He does fine playing by himself, and is very independent. He just doesn't require the attention that the other two do at this time. But, the last thing I want is for him to feel less important. Because he is important. He is my quiet gentle spirit. My little blonde boy. So sweet and calm, and I cannot imagine my life without him in it. He has adapted flawlessly to being a big brother. Not one time has he shown anything but pure love and adoration toward his new brother. And I always want our second born son to know just how important he is.

That's why, when Amie asked me and the boys to join her and Luke at the zoo last week, I decided to take Beckett and let Brody go on to preschool. I went back and forth with my decision, because I knew how much Brody would enjoy it. But, I also knew how much it would mean to Beckett to have a little more of Mommy's attention on a fun outing like this. Levi still went with us since he is nursing, but he slept most of the time, and was no trouble at all.

Sometimes I just look at him, and I am in awe of God's magnificence...the perfection of this beautiful gift He has given to me.




A funny sidenote, just seconds after this picture was taken, that crazy goose stuck his head through that fence and grabbed Beckett's hand. Beckett screamed and it took me several minutes to convince him that the goose wasn't trying to bite him, but that he just wanted to "kiss" his hand. Although he accepted it, he did NOT like the goose after that.






That day was actually Luke's first birthday! I can't believe he is already one. I was in the delivery room the day he was born, and it just doesn't seem like a year ago. Love you, Lukey!


Beckett's favorite thing was watching and feeding the ducks. He would get so excited and clap his little hands everytime a duck would eat the bite of food that he threw into the water.





I hope these two are always good friends. They will be in the same grade at school, and I know they will always have so much fun together.





LOVE this :)


I used to could always say, "Where's Mommy?!" to get Beckett to look at the camera and grin. Now he points and says, "Riiiiight there!" Guess I need a new plan. Haha.





He was so excited about every new animal he saw. And I just soaked up every second of seeing the excitement on his little face.Sometimes, I want to just capture his innocence in a bottle and save it forever. I want to be a parent to my boys more than anything, but I also pray every day that I can also always be their friend. I know there is a fine line you have to walk, but I hope I can find that balance.













I had a fabulous day with a great friend and three very special little boys.




And my prayer today, as always, is that my children always know just how important they each are.



No comments: