Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day thoughts...

Mother's Day can be such a beautiful holiday...a day to celebrate and honor and show love to moms everywhere. After all, the only love greater than the love a mother has for her child, is God's love for us. And I know that it is a privilege to be a mom. My three boys are such a blessing to me. Being their mother is such a gift, one that I pray I never take for granted. THEY are my job right now. THEY are my mission field. Raising three (soon to be four) boys to prayerfully be godly, humble, honorable, and respectful men is a tough job. One that seems impossible most of the time. But the best thing I can do is direct them to the Father, the one that loves them even more than I do.

Yet as we celebrate Mother's Day, I also am reminded of those to whom this day brings sadness. There are those who have lost children, lost their mothers, endured miscarriages. There are those who battle infertility, those who are waiting for their child to join their family, and those who have given up a child to give them a better opportunity. There are so many reasons why Mother's Day isn't always a happy day. And while I celebrated with my three little loves this Mother's Day, my heart and prayers were also with those who were struggling. I thought a lot about Lennox's birth mom and his foster mom...two mothers who will forever be intertwined in my life.

And we, of course, celebrated my wonderful mother and mother-in-law. So, here's to Mother's Day 2013! Praying that I have all four of my boys in my arms next Mother's Day!

No comments: