Sunday, May 26, 2013

The shortest vacation you ever did see...

Yesterday, Tara and I were able to spend about 8 glorious hours in Destin, Florida! We usually take a trip to the gulf every summer, but probably won't this year, so I was thrilled Tara asked me to join her for the day. I was absolutely in my happy place - even if just for the day. 

Ryan was flying a family there, and had to bring two different groups - one in the morning and one in the evening. So, Tara and I decided to fly in with the first group, spend the day at the beach, then fly back home with Ryan that evening, after he brought in the 2nd group. 

It was perfect weather, and Destin has absolutely the most beautiful beaches in this country. And I have to say, laying out with no kiddos to tend to was quite fabulous. After we had lounged on the beach and floated in the water for a few hours, we cleaned up and met Ryan back at the airport, then had a delicious dinner overlooking the beach at The Backporch. 

About two hours later, we were back home in Arkansas. It may have been a quick trip, but I'll take a day at the beach any way I can get it! 








No comments: