Thursday, September 12, 2013

Monks, Nuns, and Cathedrals

On Tuesday I was able to go to Little Rock with Brooke for one of her 4th grade GT field trips! They are studying the Middle Ages, Monks, Nuns, etc. 

Since I'm keeping Beckett home this week because of his shoulder, he was able to tag along with me! We followed behind the school buses in our car. 
Our first stop was Mary Lake Monastery, where a monk (actually, he was a frier) showed us around and talked a little bit about their lifestyle. 




Our next stop was to Trinity Cathedral, which was beautiful and very interesting, but I left my phone in the car, so I have no pictures :(

We then had a quick pizza lunch - so yummy!

Our last stop of the day was to Carmelite Monastery, where the nuns did an awesome Q&A with the kids. We all learned so much - it was very interesting! They had awesome personalities and kept us laughing. 

When that was finished, the buses headed back to ElDorado, but Brooke was able to ride with me...so we headed to Starbucks before making the trek home. 

No comments: