We started our day off with a meeting with the President of Eastern Social Welfare Society. Her father was the founder of Eastern, and they are amazing people. She likes to meet with each adopting family, as did her father. She spoke with us about the history of Korea, Eastern, and was just so kind and generous. She was very apologetic about the long wait families have to endure, and she seemed hopeful that the process may speed up in the future. She presented us and the boys with gifts. They loved opening their little magnets. :)
After our meeting, Eastern served all of the families and staff a delicious Korean lunch. When we finished eating, we went back downstairs to wait. Within just a few minutes our sweet little boy was there bouncing around the halls! I scooped him up, and we headed toward the playroom. So awesome to walk around with him in my arms. IN MY ARMS!!! This moment was the first time he actually felt like I was his mother and he was my baby.
And those big brothers of his were just as excited to see him!
We played nonstop for a full hour. He is a very active, very busy, very fearless 2 year old. Each activity lasted no longer than a minute and it was on to something else. He was very generous with his kisses and hugs, but he was also kept going back to his foster mom a bit more, just making sure she was still there. I can tell he loves her very much. And her him. She has done a wonderful job with him. I was able to sit down with her and the social worker and get some questions answered about Lennox . . . such as history of allergies or minor illnesses, how he likes the room when he sleeps, where he is used to eating, etc. We got a lot of helpful information. At the end I asked if there was anything else she thought we should know to help with his transition, and she replied that she "wasn't worried about his transition because...many brothers". Haha. I think she could tell he will fit in with this little band of brothers very well. :)
Before we were ready, it was time to tell him goodbye. He gave each of us high fives, hugs, kisses, and did the little Korean "I love you" sign. I got one last squeeze and kiss from him...and then he walked away with his foster family, waving to us as the elevator doors closed.
After a bit of a rest in our room, we walked (and walked and walked and walked) until we found a Mr Pizza! We had heard it was fantastic, and it sure didn't disappoint!
We ended the evening with a stroll by the stream.
Brody and Beckett have surprised me by how much they are loving Seoul. I'm so happy they'll have wonderful memories of their little brother's homeland to tell share with him.
They are walking miles with little complaint, hailing taxis, and just truly enjoying the city life for this week we have been blessed with.
We were all completely exhausted so we finally headed back to our hotel. We passed back by Mr Pizza, so I had to snap a picture. :)
He just couldn't walk another step.
Very thankful for another beautiful day here. Only a few days left!

















No comments:
Post a Comment