Saturday, June 20, 2009

Smackover Oil Run 5K

Brent ran in his first 5K this morning! He did really good, and I think he really had a good time. He had several friends running in it too, so it was alot of fun.

We had to get up and leave early, so I just dressed Brody asleep. Here he is asleep on the couch waiting for us to carry him to the car.


He woke up good on the way, and was ready to cheer daddy on by the time we got there!






Brent, Craig, and Jesse getting ready to run....

And they're off!! I actually don't think Brent is in this picture. Oops. I was trying to block the sun, hold Brody, and snap a picture, and I think I took it about a half a second too early.




We let Brody run around and play for a bit, while we waited for the first runners to start rounding the curve toward the finish line. He and Gabe were there to clap for them as each one ran past us. They had a blast.







Here are a couple friends from church as they ran toward the finish line:
Way to go Adam! He placed third in his division!


You too Jay!! He also placed third in his division!!




And here is Brent's backside as he passed us. I did take a picture when he was right beside us, but of course, it was so blurry you couldn't even tell who it was :(
Brent did great - he finished in 29 minutes! His goal was to do it in 30, so I would say he succeeded!!!



Brody listening to music on Kaitlin's IPOD



Craig, Brent, Jay, and Adam after the race (with Brody and Gabe)









Brent is going to run in another 5K in about 2 weeks, so stay tuned! I wonder if he will beat his time????

No comments: