The boys and I made the dreaded Walmart grocery shopping trip this morning. Brent usually does our big grocery shopping trips, because once you load my cart full of kiddos, there isn't much room for groceries. But now that I've discovered and LOVE the big shopping "bus" as I call it, it isn't too bad. Brody and Beckett are buckled into the big kid seats, Levi is buckled into the regular child seat on the cart, and the whole basket part of the cart is open for groceries. And Levi is facing the big boys so he stays totally entertained watching them goof off. I know all you moms with multiple kids get this too, but I get so tickled at how so many older people stop us and want to look at the boys and tell me how I must "have my hands full". I just grin and say, "Yes, but I wouldn't have it any other way!"
Soon after we got home, we ate lunch, then I put Beckett and Levi down for naps. I've kind of figured out a system that is starting to work. Levi was taking two naps a day. One around 10-12, then another from 3-4:30 or 5. But Beckett naps from 12-3, so it seemed like someone was napping all day long. It was getting hard to find a good time to go and do things because it was always someone's nap time. Levi was beginning to get harder to settle down for that 10:00 nap, so the last couple days I have been keeping him up until 12, and I've been putting them down at the same time. They are both sleeping until 3 or 3:30, so I've had a good long stretch with them both asleep! Levi is good and ready to go down at bedtime now, and Brody really enjoys having that bit of alone time without a little brother (or two!) right on his heels.
Today, he wanted to make smoothies while they were asleep. I pretty much let him come up with his own little recipe...I just manned the blender. He put in Snicker bar ice cream, crushed ice, blueberries, and a banana. I have to say - it was delicious! He agreed!
Later this evening, after the boys woke up, we met Tara, Eden, Mom, Brooke, and Morgan at the pool for a nice swim. It was soooo wonderful. The water was really warm...just how we like it! We ended the day with dinner at a little Mexican restaurant! So thankful for these days with my family!
We have a few fun things planned this weekend...looking forward to it!
Art Show 2026
4 months ago







No comments:
Post a Comment