Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baller

Brody had his first Upward basketball game on Saturday! I have to admit, I was a little skeptical. They'd only had one practice (their 2nd practice had been cancelled due to the icy weather), and frankly, basketball just isn't something that Brody has ever shown much interest in. Now, while I don't think this will ever be his main sport, he did great! And it was so much fun! I was very proud of how well he hustled, the great sportsmanship he showed, and he even scored some points! We've just got to work on the remembering to dribble part ;) I have to brag on the Upward organization, too. It is such a positive environment. Great for little ones, especially. They pray before each game and have a short devotional at halftime. At each practice, the teams also sit down halfway through practice and have little devotionals with their coaches. Great organization! But back to the game. I was afraid they were all going to be running around like lost chickens, but surprisingly, they really knew what was going on. They understood when they were on offense and defense, and they sort of even got who they were supposed to be guarding, etc. Are little boys just born understanding that kind of thing?? Thank goodness Brody got his athletic ability from his daddy. Because I was NOT a sports person. I'll cheer for you all day long, but I shudder when I remember the days I tried to step foot on a basketball court. Eek. I was the one sitting on the bench in 7th grade (because everyone plays in 7th grade, right?) praying that we never got far enough ahead or far enough behind that the coach felt like he had to let me play. Lol. Thankfully, I figured out pretty quickly that my place was not on the court, and I kept my tail in my cheer uniform on the sidelines :) Lets hope Brent's athletic genes are very strong!

Oh, and I must add - Brody had quite the entourage there to watch his first game. 13 people if you count kids! I hope that boy knows how much he's loved :)









No comments: