Sunday, June 2, 2013

First Birthday Care Pkg and Glimmers of Hope!

I can't believe it, but Mr. Lennox will turn one this month! It has now been 6 months since we first saw his little face, and began the long wait to get him home. We enjoyed getting things together for his birthday package this month! His grandparents and his Aunt Tara all got little gifts for us to send over, so we included those, too. I love that they were able to be a part of his his birthday package! Now remember, everything has to fit into one medium flat rate box, so we are a bit limited, but we managed to squeeze it all in. 

*The three outfits on the right and the little black sandals are from grandparents. The little rubber Tonka trucks are from Aunt Tara. Mimi also bought him a cute razorback sippy cup, but I love it so much I decided to save it for when he comes home. Beckett picked out the Nemo sippy for him (he will still most likely be on a bottle when he comes home, but we've been told some foster moms will begin transitioning them to straw sippy cups, so we sent one just in case), and Levi helped choose the interactive toy keys (from B. Toys at Target - love those toys!). I picked out the two outfits on the left - love the birthday boy shirt- and the baseball Robeez. We also included some snacks because we've been told how much he loves them, and we included a first birthday card, in which I wrote him a little message in Hangul. Lastly, I tucked in a package of Ghirardelli chocolates for his foster mom!  We sure hope he enjoys his little box of birthday love from us! 

                *    *    *    *    *    *

In other news, we are finally seeing glimmers of hope as things are slowly beginning to move in Korea!  The first families to travel this year are currently in Korea, with more to travel soon, and the first batch of families for 2013 have been submitted for EP! We received an email from our agency this week stating that they've submitted families for EP through February 2012 ATK dates. (Again, we are Dec 2012 ATK). So yay for things moving! I'm praying that now that the ball is rolling, that it'll pick up speed, and that we will be in Korea even sooner than we think! 














No comments: