Monday, June 24, 2013

Lennox Chan {One Year Old}

I cannot believe the time has come to write this post. I can't believe that precious chubby 5 month old has already celebrated his first birthday. Lennox turned a year old on June 14, and I want to honor that with a letter to him. 

Dear precious Lennox,
   You are now a big one year old! It is so hard to believe that we are already celebrating your first birthday. We had a party for you and Levi this weekend, and I wish so badly that you had been here with us. You had so many friends and family there, sweet boy, wishing you a happy birthday. You are SO loved and SO treasured. 
   As much as we missed you, as we always do, I know that you were celebrated big in Korea, too! Your foster family loves you very much, and I have no doubt that your day was full of love. I can't wait to get your first birthday update to hear all about your Dol Ceremony (traditional Korean first birthday ceremony) and what you are up to now that you are a big one year old! 
   I love watching how God is intertwining you into our lives already - how your brothers pray for you at night, seeing your picture around our home, planning for your arrival. I love that when we talk about "next year", our plans include you - Next year at Brody's baseball games we will have another little one running around. Next summer when we come to the lake, there will be another little one splashing around. Next time we light a candle to celebrate your birthday, YOU will be here to blow it out. While we still have no guarantees of when you will be home with us, we are praying that it is soon! 
   We can't wait until the day we can get on that plane and fly to your country. How I long to just be in the same city as you. I am so anxious to hold your little hand, kiss the top of your head, and tell you in person how loved you are. You are beautiful. You are special. You are MADE BY GOD, and he is going to use your story and your life for so much good. 
   We love you, Lennox. And we pray that this is the last birthday we have to spend away from you! Happy first birthday, sweet boy! 

No comments: