It finally happened!! Lennox was officially submitted for EP (Emigration Permission) on February 20! I cannot even begin to tell you the relief we feel. I told a friend earlier today that I feel like I can take a deep breath for the first time in many months. I was beginning to feel that suffocated by the unknown, and that is a very unpleasant feeling to carry around with you.
I was on my way home from Brooke's program at school when a sweet friend sent me a message at 10:15 letting me know someone in our Facebook group had been submitted. My stomach jumped up in my throat, and my heart was pounding. As excited as I was at the possibility of this being our day, I immediately felt so full of fear of being skipped over again. I got Levi settled with a snack (Brody and Beckett were at school) and tried to busy myself with some things around the house. I was loading the dishwasher when, at 10:40, my telephone rang, and I saw this Tulsa, OK number on my screen. Best. Feeling. Ever. :)
I think I squealed (more than once!) when our awesome case worker shared the news with me that we had been submitted!!! I can't even begin to tell you how great it felt to hear those words.
For anyone who may have missed it in a previous post, this means that Lennox's case has been submitted to the government for them to review and issue Emigration Permission. Our case worker told us today to look for approval in approximately 60 days (just an average). About two weeks after that, our case will be submitted to the courts for review, and then we will be summoned to court. Families wait on average 4-6 weeks to hear of their court date, and the date is usually set a 4-6 weeks out. Again, all just averages. You never know.
I know that we will have more hard days of waiting ahead of us. There will be more bumps in the road and more unexpected curves. But today, we are rejoicing in the amazing news of a huge step toward our boy! We are so thankful that The Lord has lifted a difficult weight off of our shoulders and blessed us with this great news today.
Moving forward. Little by little.





No comments:
Post a Comment