We started out our day with Beckett's ice cream party at his preschool that morning. They sat in a little circle and took turns passing out their cards. Such sweet kiddos!
Then it was time for ice cream!
Friday afternoon was Brody's school party. This is his buddy, Seth. Such silly boys.
Love all of these sweet boys!
Brody already had plans to spend te weekend with grandparents - they wanted to take him shopping for his birthday and to see the new Lego movie, but the rest of us headed to Shreveport after school for a little supermini-vacation.
We had planned on checking into our hotel to change and get ready before heading out to dinner that night, but it was about 5:45 as we pulled into town, and we knew that if we waited another hour or so we might be waiting a while for a table somewhere. So, we decided to just go ahead and eat early, as is. We decided on Posado's, and it was so good. We were seated immediately, had a fabulous waiter, and the food was delicious!
Our hotel had a pool, so after eating, we ran into Target to get the boys' new Puddle Jumpers. The other two I have are pretty worn and needed to be replaced. Beckett immediately wanted me to take his picture with the big red ball. Ha. His favorite thing about Target! :)
As soon as we checked in and opened the door to our room, these two were stripping their clothes off and putting on swim suits!
They had the BEST time swimming! After all of the cold weather we've had lately, a warm swim was soooo nice!!!
Every time Levi would get out he would feel of his swimsuit like this and say, "Oh no! I all wet!" Guess he forgot how swimming worked. ;)
Seems that Beckett is going to be a little fish just like Brody!
Levi finally had enough and climbed in my lap to dry off while Beck swam a while longer.
Look Mom, I'm a sloth!
This was my bed partner that night! Everyone slept so great - and those beds were seriously the most comfortable I've ever slept in.
We had a delicious breakfast at the hotel the next morning, then headed out for a day of shopping! We hit Academy first, then Bass Pro, then the Outlets at the Boardwalk! The weather was BEAUTIFUL, and they were having great sales :)
After the Boardwalk, we ate lunch at the boys' pick, Chick-Fil-a! Then headed to Ashley Furniture and finally bought a new dining table we've been eyeing for a while! It seats 10, and I am thrilled! We will be able to seat our family of 6, plus a few more! Can't wait for it to arrive in a couple weeks!! Guess I did get a pretty great Valentines gift!!
Our hotel had a pool, so after eating, we ran into Target to get the boys' new Puddle Jumpers. The other two I have are pretty worn and needed to be replaced. Beckett immediately wanted me to take his picture with the big red ball. Ha. His favorite thing about Target! :)
As soon as we checked in and opened the door to our room, these two were stripping their clothes off and putting on swim suits!
They had the BEST time swimming! After all of the cold weather we've had lately, a warm swim was soooo nice!!!
Every time Levi would get out he would feel of his swimsuit like this and say, "Oh no! I all wet!" Guess he forgot how swimming worked. ;)
Seems that Beckett is going to be a little fish just like Brody!
Levi finally had enough and climbed in my lap to dry off while Beck swam a while longer.
Look Mom, I'm a sloth!
This was my bed partner that night! Everyone slept so great - and those beds were seriously the most comfortable I've ever slept in.
We had a delicious breakfast at the hotel the next morning, then headed out for a day of shopping! We hit Academy first, then Bass Pro, then the Outlets at the Boardwalk! The weather was BEAUTIFUL, and they were having great sales :)
After the Boardwalk, we ate lunch at the boys' pick, Chick-Fil-a! Then headed to Ashley Furniture and finally bought a new dining table we've been eyeing for a while! It seats 10, and I am thrilled! We will be able to seat our family of 6, plus a few more! Can't wait for it to arrive in a couple weeks!! Guess I did get a pretty great Valentines gift!!























No comments:
Post a Comment