Friday, August 8, 2014

Journey to Lennox - Meetcha Day!

I've started to sit down to write this post several times today, but I just don't have the words to describe what today held. Today was the day we met our baby boy. There are so many different scenarios that have played out in my mind as to how this day might unfold, but I never could've imagined a day any more perfect than how God had planned it. 

To start off, jet lag has not been our friend. The boys fell asleep at about 6pm driving into Seoul from the airport last night, so we just put them in bed and ordered room service. I was hoping they would sleep to at least 5 or so...but they were wide awake at 1am. I tried for a couple hours to get them back to sleep, but to no avail. I finally gave in and let them play iPads and DS's while I watched a little tv. This was the view from our balcony at about 5am. Busy even then!
And this was taken later on in the morning. So beautiful with the mountains off in the distance. 
Finally, after what seemed like forever, we were dressed and ready and in a taxi headed to Eastern! Such a surreal moment!
This is where the baby house is where Lennox lived for a couple months until he went to his foster home, and also where he goes each month for his check ups, etc. 

We arrived a little early, so we ordered cappuccinos from the cafe and waited outside. It was a beautiful cool morning!

At 10:30, Brent and I went inside to fill out some paperwork, while the boys stayed out with Dad. While we were inside, this taxi pulled up, and guess who climbed out?! The man of the hour!! Thankfully Dad was iPhone ready. ;) he said he had no doubt it was Lennox because the first thing he saw was that STL hat we sent for his birthday. :)
They said his foster mom pointed to the boys, and he walked right over to them!!! They said hello and waved, and then his foster family took him inside. How fun is that?!!
After we finished our paperwork, we went outside to get the boys, then we were led upstairs to the playroom. Our social worker opened the door...and just like that our sweet boy was standing right in front of us!! Over two years of waiting, and there he was. I don't even know if my feet were touching the floor! Ha! His foster mother said something to him, he bowed to us, then ran over and have each of us a hug!! I was barely holding it together at this point. I have prayed and prayed that he would be open to us, and this welcome from him was far more that I could've imagined! 

(I'll only be posting pictures that don't show his face for now.) 

This was when Beckett was meeting him when we first walked in. 
He is such a fun little boy!! We bounced from one activity to the next. He played ball and ran around with his brothers like they've been together forever. I see lots of fun times in our future!!!! I'll also note that he was much tinier than I had imagined! The little outfit he was wearing was an 18 month. 
He also loves to take selfies with my iPhone! Ha! He doesn't have his aiming down too good, but I now have lots of pictures on my camera like this! Lol!
He squealed and laughed, and my heart was so full to see him so happy!!!! We blew bubbles and cooked in the toy kitchen, but one of his favorite things was snacking on the puffs we brought him. ☺️  He definitely would first go to his foster family when he needed something, but they would always redirect him to us, and he would come running over grinning. His foster mom also said he can point to Omma or Appa whenever he's shown our picture. He actually had a toy keychain with him that had our pictures in it. 
Throughout the entire meeting, I just kept silently sending up prayers of thanks for this precious time with our son. He is a little bundle of energy, so funny and silly, so loving with his sweet little hugs...he's so much more than we ever dreamed he would be. 

However, as open to us as he was, I know that leaving his precious foster family will be so hard for him. I can tell they love him so much, and I just can't imagine how much they will miss him. 

Before we knew it, our time was up and we had to say goodbye. He went to each one of us giving us popo's (kisses). He let me put his shoes on him, gave me one last hug, and went out the door waving. 
I was honestly just awestruck as he left the room. It was so wonderful to finally touch him and hold him and hug him. God is SO GOOD!!!

We took a taxi back to our room, changed clothes, ate lunch at Outback, and then decided to lay down and rest for a couple hours. We all fell asleep instantly...and woke up FIVE HOURS LATER. 

We walked around outside a bit this evening. Seoul is such a neat place! We are loving it already. 
We grabbed dinner at our hotel restaurant, and are now waiting for two little boys to become sleepy. It's after midnight here now, so we are hoping they sleep in a little tomorrow. We have lots of sightseeing planned!  


We get to visit with Lennox again on Monday, and then court Wednesday, so we still have a very full trip ahead of us. Thank you all so very much for your prayers and your sweet comments!! We are truly grateful for the way you all are loving us and Lennox even from so far away. 

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Ahh I just sat here and cried! Love this!! WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy!! :) Very thankful you had such an amazing day! Can't wait to meet our nephew.
Aunt Carrie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to put these words down so we could all share in your joy! I have cried tears of joy reading this! Love you all! Jennifer McGehee

Amber Doggett said...

I have cried and cried reading this. Bless you and your family! God is smiling big time on you!! Love you Amber Doggett

Anonymous said...

I cried as I read all of this! I'm so happy for y'all! And so glad the boys got to meet Lennox! I know you all are just so excited! It looks like a very beautiful place! Adryan Gatlin

Mom said...

I have cried tears of joy for my prayers for you were answered today. God is good and all things are working out according to His plan. love you guys. Susan Mason

Anonymous said...

Cried the entire time I read this. I can't imagine how you all felt. Our God is so awesome. Praying!!!

-Holly Morgan