Monday, July 2, 2012

Sandy Toes and Salty Kisses {Part 2}

We awoke on Sunday morning to stormy skies, but it wasn't raining at the moment, so we enjoyed taking in our first morning at the beach. Isn't it just beautiful?

Poppy and Levi took an early morning walk. They were big buddies this week.

Then Levi and I watched Debby roll in from our condo balcony.
It ended up raining most of Sunday, so we entertained ourselves by driving into Navarre for a little shopping and eating out.

And the kids had fun in the strong winds!!
We ended up buying some board games that night, and staying in. Thankfully, Debby ended up moving east and away from us, so we had sunny skies on Monday! It was still SUPER windy out on the beach, but we were so happy it wasn't raining we went out to play anyway.





The waves were still really big, and Brooke and Brody just loved sitting on the beach and letting them splash up on them. I just love these laughing faces!

Our condo in the background...
The Vinson's beaching it with us!

Little Bit loved his blow up pool. He wasn't too fond of the beach this year...I think because the wind was still so strong and sand was blowing like crazy. But when we did get him out there, he had fun playing and splashing in his pool.

Amie and I hadn't been to the beach together since we were 18, so it was so fun to be there together again, and this time with our families. My how things have changed in 10 years!
This is the view of our condo from the road. It was really a great place to stay. Not too big...but big enough to have some great ammenities.
We walked down to the Navarre fishing pier (the longest pier in the Gulf!), and the view was just beautiful. This little dude loved watching all of the guys fishing in the ocean.
Back at the beach later that day...who are these crazy kids? ;)

I wanted to add lots more pictures to this post, but I'm having trouble getting them to load, so I'll have to end it here. More to come!!!

No comments: