Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sandy Toes and Salty Kisses {Part 4}

This post should finish up our Navarre Beach vacation!

As much as we loved the serenity of Navarre and as beautiful as it was, there wasn't really a whole lot to do there other than beach. So, we drove to Destin a couple days to change up the activity for the kids. It was only about a 30 minute drive, and such a pretty drive at that, so it wasn't bad at all. 

They LOVED playing at the Track! Brody was so happy to finally be tall enough to drive a go-kart!

And Beckett enjoyed the little Kiddie Carnival area :)





I think the bumper boats were Brody's favorite!

Before dinner in Destin, we spent a little time on the beach there, and I have to say...You just can't beat the beaches of Destin!




The water was more clear, shallow, and calm, and the kids were in heaven. So was I.

Levi's baby toes in God's big ocean...
Dinner at Pomano Joes! Love this place!


Brent and I even got to go on a date one night! I adore having my kids with me everywhere I go, but I have also come to appreciate a night out alone. It was really nice to eat dinner without cutting up tiny bites of chicken, wiping mouths, cleaning up spills, and reminding kids to sit down the entire time :)

On the last night of our vacation, we were getting tired of burgers and seafood, so we loaded up and headed to our favorite place - Cracker Barrel!!! Yes, I realize that makes me sound really old and boring, but I'll own it. I loooove Cracker Barrel!! And so do our boys...we've trained them well.



And we ended our vacation with what else?? A final game of miniature golf!!



I was not ready to leave this fabulous place when our week came to an end. If only we could go more than once a year! Unfortunately, Brent didn't agree to leaving me and the kids there, and him coming to visit on weekends, so he drug me away kicking and screaming. Just kidding. Sort of.

I will say, it does feel good to be back home and be be back to our normal routine. Until next time, Gulf Coast!

No comments: