Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Most Joyous Day!

I can't believe the time has come where I am actually writing this post! We are thrilled to share that we have a beautiful baby boy waiting for us in Seoul, South Korea!! We cannot share his picture online until we actually have him in our arms...oh how I wish we could! But let me just tell you, he is ADORABLE! He has a head full of dark hair and chubby cheeks, and I cannot wait to get my hands on him! Our sweet boy is just 5 months old...born on June 14, 2012...so he and Levi are just a year apart!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 was the most joyous day in this journey so far. The day we were matched with our son. We are amazed that we only waited just over 3 months. What a blessing that is in itself! The day had been going on just like any other. My sweet friend, Brooke, had been over to visit with her sweet girl they just brought home from China, and we'd had the best visit. She returned home, I'd picked up Brody from school, and Brent was still at work. I had just fixed the boys a snack (thank goodness they were occupied!) when my phone rang. When I picked it up and saw the Dillon # on the screen, my stomach did a flip flop. I quickly brushed that thought aside and just assumed they were calling about something else. After all, we had not even hit that 4 month mark yet! But when I answered, and our sweet social worker on the other end asked if I was busy and if this was a good time to talk, I knew. She told me that she had a baby boy she wanted to talk to me about...and I think I squealed a few times :) I then remember running around grabbing a pen and a sheet of paper, and I ran to sit at one of the desks in the boys' room (not sure why I went in there...lol). My heart was pounding, and I just couldn't believe this was it! When I told her that Yes this was a good time and Yes we wanted to hear more about him, she proceeded to give me a few small details about our boy. Just his basic facts - age, weight, health, etc. She then asked me to call Brent, give him the information I had, and for us to discuss whether or not we were interested in viewing his complete file. Of course we were interested!! I called Brent at work, and after I finally convinced him that yes I was serious, and no I wasn't kidding, he said he would leave work early and come home so we could view the file together. So, then I had to wait for about twenty minutes for Brent to get home. I paced the hallway, jumped up and down a few times, squealed with excitement, said a million little prayers of thanks, tried to calm my pounding heart, snapped a couple quick pictures me and Beckett sitting on the rug (the other two were still snacking), and paced some more.

Thankfully the email didn't come through until Brent was home, or I don't know if I'd have been able to refrain from peeking. But within two minutes of him walking through the door, the email popped up. We got the boys settled with a movie, and we went back to our bedroom with the laptop to view our little one's file. Brent, being the level-headed, patient, and practical one, wanted us to read through his entire file before we viewed his picture.

It was so unbelievably surreal. This was our boys story. We read his Korean name and learned that it means Brilliant Dawn. We saw that he was born weighing 6.2 pounds on June 14, in the afternoon...a Thursday. We were in the throws of completing that tedious never-ending application 2 during that time. My labor of love :) We learned his story, about his birth mom and why she had to give him up. I had tears in my eyes as I thought about what a joyous occasion it was for us...but what a devastating time it must be for her. I'll never ever be able to express my gratitude to that woman for choosing life for that sweet boy. Her boy. Our boy. We went on to read more about his health history, his stats at each months checkup, and about the amazing foster family who is taking care of him until we can bring him home. When we finished reading his file, and knew we felt good about proceeding, Brent opened up the document containing his pictures.

And there he was. Our son. With his round face and his thick crazy hair and his fat little feet. And those perfect little dark eyes staring back at us, begging to be wanted and included and loved. Needing to be somebody's son. We never had any doubts really. This was our baby. We had his file reviewed by a medical professional the next day as they ask you to, and then I put in the call to our social worker letting her know we were accepting!!

It all happened so quick, and I'm just so grateful God allowed to us to see him right here at Christmas time. I'm so thankful the wait was short (even though I do know the real wait is just beginning). We are still being told approximately a year to wait for travel. I know it will be so hard, but it will help being able to look forward to monthly pictures and updates. And we will have fun gathering up a care package to send to him each month.

We are praying you home, sweet boy!!! We hope it's very soon!

{{I've included a few pics...the 2 of Beckett and I while I was waiting for that email to come through and one of our first official pic of the 6 of us (I've blurred his little face for legal reasons.) . }}







1 comment:

Alison said...

Oh, Laura!!! I just loved reading this post! Praise God!!! I can't wait to see pics of your sweet boy! God is so good!!!!!