Sunday, January 10, 2010

Adding to my library

Brent and I bought a couple of books from our church bookstore this morning. These are both books that have been recommended to us by several people. I love to read, so I am going to try to make it a priority to read a little bit each night after the boys are asleep.

The first one is Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. Our postors and several parents in our church have said that this is a must-read if you have children . . . of any age. I can't wait to see what it teaches us.

This next one is one that may come as a surprise to many of you. But adopting is something that Brent and I have both always felt very drawn toward. We actually talked about it on one of our very first dates. Of course, with a 2 year old and a newborn, we aren't exactly in the perfect place in our life to do it any time soon. But somewhere down the line, maybe even after our boys are in school, it is something that we would love to look into. I don't know if we would want to look into domestic or international, or if this is even something that is in God's plan for our lives, but we do feel like it is something that we should pray about and prepare our hearts for the possibility. So, all of that to say that this is the second book we are going to read:


I will let you all know what I think!

No comments: