Friday, January 22, 2010

4 Months

Beckett - you are FOUR months old!!


What are you up to these days?


*You weigh 15 pounds 12 oz and are 26 1/4 inches long.

*You just started wearing a Size 3 diaper - 2's were just getting to tight around your belly. You are wearing 3-6 month clothing and size 6 month sleepers. I think you wear a size 2 shoe, but I never put them on you because you just kick them off. You mostly just wear socks.


*You are still taking Parent's Choice Sensitive formula (compares to Similac Sensitive). You take 6 oz about every 3 hours. But I can tell that we are going to need to bump it up to 8 oz before long. You nurse very rarely now - maybe once a day, maybe. We have given you a little cereal mixed with formula a couple times, just to let you try it out. You did ok with it, but I think more ended up on your bib than in your mouth. But we got the go-ahead from the doctor yesterday to start cereal and Stage 1 baby foods, so I may try that in the next few days.


*You still are not on a schedule. This is something that I definately want to work on this month. I know that it won't be easy since you are not at home with me every day, but hopefully your grandmothers will work with me on this (wink, wink).

*For some reason your sleeping has been a little off lately. You may sleep from 10-5 one night, but you may wake up every 3-4 hours the next night. Hopefully it is just a growth spurt or something and you will get back to your good-sleeping self soon. You still sleep on your tummy in the packnplay beside our bed.

*Your skin seems better now. Still dry and you still have cradle cap, but it is improving. We give you lukewarm baths (only using soap about every 3rd night) and lotion you up with the GentleNaturals baby eczema cream. I also have a mild steroid cream that I can use on the really bad spots if needed.

*You are such HAPPY boy now! You smile constantly and love to squeal and laugh out lound. Mommy loves this. Morning times are still your favorite.

* You are grabbing at your toys now. You are enjoying your bouncy seat and Jumparoo now, because you are so interested in playing with your toys on them. We just put you in your Jumparoo for the first time last week and you loved it!

*You can roll from your tummy to your back. When you are on you back you can roll to your side, but can't quite get all the over to your belly yet. I don't think it will be long!

*You want to stand up anytime you are in someones lap. You love being up looking around at everything.

*Your eyes are still blue. I hope they stay that way!!!!!! We really can't tell what color hair you are going to have, but it seems to be lighter than Brody's. Hopefully you will begin to get more hair soon!
We love you SOOO much sweet angel! Happy FOUR months!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just found your blog through a prayer request form Kelly, Your little guys is so cute. I love his name too!

sarah wallis said...

I found your blog from Jenna's and I'm definately praying for your family. Just wanted to offer you a suggestion if you are struggling with his skin. Our 18 month old Marlie has had extreme excema from birth and we FINALLY found something that controls it. After spending who knows how much on creams, we mix vitamin E cream (not oil) and equal parts vasoline. Cheap and greasy! Lather her up and it really makes a difference!